This is a Top Ten Tuesday post which originated at The Broke and the Bookish. For more topics/information about how to participate, please click here.
HALLOWEEN LOVERS PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I don’t get the purpose of Halloween. Like what, you dress as someone/something and you go to a party where everyone there is dressed as someone/something. Cool. Then what?
And don’t even get me started on all the Halloween baking trends that I’ve been seeing on Pinterest for MONTHS now. Cookies that are made to look like spiders. EW. Sugar cookies that look like bleeding fingers. DOUBLE EW. Cupcakes decorated to look like eyeballs. TRIPLE EW. Cakes iced to look like they have worms all over. QUADRUPLE EW.
I just don’t understand why anyone would even want to eat those things. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
Since I hate Halloween (as I just finished telling you), I was pretty limited in the topics I can choose. Sooo I decided to just listen ten creepy book titles (I wanted to do book covers but when I googled ‘scary book covers’ I was too disgusted and/or creeped out by them that I couldn’t look at them enough to save and then upload them on this post)
- It by Stephen King
- Daughters unto Devils by Amy Lukavics
- Doll Bones by Holly Black
- The House of Dead Maids by Clare B. Dunkle
- Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster
- We All Looked Up byTommy Wallach
What do you think of these titles? Do you think they are creepy as well?