This is a Top Ten Tuesday post which originated at The Broke and the Bookish. For more topics/information about how to participate, please click here.
I LOVE collecting quotes. There is just this thing about finding lines that someone, maybe even a person who has been dead for thousands of years, had said that appeals to me. I feel like I hold some part of them with me now. And if those quotes are about books, that’s when I treasure them even more.
Recently my family passed through some tough times and I was seriously affected by what happened. For a couple of days, all I did was wallow in my misery. Then on a whim, I decided to write down my favorite bookish quotes and stick them on my closet. That way I can read them whenever I need a little pick-me-up.
Here’s a picture of my closet right now, though I’m always adding new quotes so it won’t stay looking this way for long 😀 (Please excuse the hideous picture/lighting. My phone camera sucks.)
Anyway, here are my top ten favorite quotes that I have there:
- “The world belongs to those who read.”
- “Books are proof that humans can work magic.”
- “Bookshops are time machines, spaceships, story-makers, secret keepers, dragon-tamers, dream-catchers, fact-finders, and safe places.”
- “A book contains the world, yet fits perfectly in your hand.”
- “A book is a friend. You can never have too many.” <— a personal favorite.
- “Everyone should believe in something. I believe I’ll read another chapter.”
- “I have so much to do that I’m going to read.”
- “I spent my life folded between the pages of books.”
- “We lose ourselves in books. We find ourselves there too.”
- “Book are the plane and the train, and the road. They are the destination and the journey. They are home.” <— another personal favorite.
I hope that you like these quotes as much as I do!
Q1: Which one is your favorite?
Q2: If you know any cool quotes that I didn’t mention here, please feel free to leave some in the comments section below!