The cuties over Travelling Through Words and Coffee.Read.Review.Repeat nominated me for the Liebster Award!! Thank you so much! There are people out there reading my blatherings over the internet and liking it?? Who would’ve thought. I know. I’m shocked too.
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
So um since two people nominated me, I’m going to choose questions from each of their posts.
Why did you start a blog or why do you review books?
I wanted to have a place where I can write because engineering school was taking a lot out of me and along with baking, writing was always my way to de-stress.
What other creative escapes do you enjoy?
Well, I bake like crazy. I also write quite a bit too. Not books, mind you, just thoughts or free verse poetry. (In case you missed my announcement, I recently started writing for My Trending Stories. You can find me here)
What’s your favorite caffeinated beverage?
Soy Salted Caramel Budino from Carribou Coffee
Do you partake in any book-crates?
What do you love the most about books?
The way they can transport me to another world just by opening them. That feeling never gets old.
What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
I highlight and dogear and don’t care much for cracked spines because I believe that a loved book should look the part, but I draw the line at foodcrumbs or water/tea/coffee splatters.
What is your favorite stand-alone book ?
My Unfair Godmother by Jennifer Rallison (review here)
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Don’t watch movies
Name a book that influenced you.
All of them. To choose one would be unfair to all the others.
Name a genre that you never read from.
I think I’ve sampled all genres?
Name a book that you hate to love.
Hmm well I don’t hate to love this book exactly, but About that Night by Julie James has a really saucy cover and I didn’t buy a physical copy because I was worried that people would start looking at me like “oh I know what you read *smirrkkkk*”.
If you could marry a character from any book, who would it be?
It’ll have to be Marcus from Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
- I have really weird handwriting. Sometimes it’s nice and other times it’s shitty. Why? No idea.
- I say ‘cute’ or one of its derivatives 9456887 times a day.
- I’m technologically challenged.
- Twix is my favorite candy bar ever and I have a very specific way of eating it. It has to be slightly melted so I can nibble some of the caramel off first.
- As long as I’m concerned, guys are split into two categories: those who can rock a pink shirt and those who can’t.
- I love listening to podcasts (Stuff You Should Know, Engineerings Commons) and audiobooks.
- I’m lactose intolerant.
- I love heels (the shoes not the body part), bags and makeup.
- I’m a peanut butter addict.
- I have a don’t-fuck-with-me face that, according to my brother, could freeze oceans.
- I write lists obsessively.
- What’s your favorite candy bar?
- Dogear vs bookmark?
- Do you have a morning routine?
- Do you have any food intolerance, or follow a specific diet?
- What sort of music do you listen to?
- Do people in your life know that you blog?
- Usually, do hyped books live up to your expectations?
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s the most badass thing you’ve done?
- What three books would you take with you on a holiday?